Celebrating our 12th year of sock monkey excellence.
USA Original Classic Rockford Red Heel Sock Monkey in brown, pink and blue.
Printable Sock Monkey Instructions.
Free Sock Monkey Pattern.
1. Sock Monkey Instructions English
2. Sock Monkey Instructions Spanish
• Turn sock inside out.
• Sew a seam (A) 1/2" on both sides of center of sock starting 3" from the white of the heel and across the end of top. Cut socks between seams and to within 1-1/2" of white heel. This leaves an opening in crotch.
• Then turn sock so seams are inside and use crotch opening to stuff head, body and legs.
• Cut the upper part of the sock into two pieces. Seam, rounding ends and stuff the arms.
• Cut the heel from the sock, leaving a brown edge around the white. Fasten on lower part of the face, whipping around the bottom; stuff and finish sewing around the top. The mouth can be improved by running stitch of either black or white across the middle of the lips.
• Cut a 1" strip, taper to end of cuff on length of front of sock. Seam and stuff.
• Cut the ears from the remaining brown part of the sole of the sock.
• Sew on moving eyes; buttons, felt, or embroider with black thread. (For very small children embroider eyes.)
• There are many variations from this basic pattern. Decorations can be either pompons, yarn or bells. Jackets, vests and skirts are also used for clothing the monkey.
• One pair Rockford Red Heel Socks.
• Stuffing-cotton batting or polyester fiber.
• Red knitting yarn.
• Black embroidery thread.
• All purpose thread.
• Buttons for eyes (optional)
• Straw hat (optional)